Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Another one over, and a new one just begun.


What a year I had in 2006. I finally got over my fear of the pump. 10 years after going off my first pump, I decided to venture ahead with ‘Bonnie” I hate to say it but I don’t know what took me so long (other than my own fears and stubbornness.) Pumping has really steadied my control and I really really enjoy sleeping through the night. (on MDI I was up low between 2-4am at least 3 nights a week) I managed to not gain any “pump weight” a small, completely shallow goal, but one that I’m proud of anyway. I can see how it’s so easy to fall into the pump and eat trap.

We remodeled the bathroom and sold our house this summer, on our own, in the middle of a declining real estate market in the Boston area. It was a lot of work, stress and cleaning. And of course, in the end, we sold it to the people who came to see the house spur of the moment with the dog inside and laundry hanging from every doorway. Figures.

We bought a new house and car this year in preparation for the “next step.” We have been diligently painting and working it make it “our” home. I love each and every inch of our new pad.

This fall we lost my “grampa” at the age of 92. And just this last weekend our beloved “Shannon Dog” went to heaven to join him. We miss them both dearly.



There are 3 things that will stick out for me this year.
1. Taking control of my diabetes to a new level. Go bonnie go. Learning to let go of my fears and invite my husband in to help me in taking care of my health.
2. Getting certified as a ‘professional florist” and doing my first wedding.
3. Figuring out how 2 people make an “us” - my first year of marriage with my too cool for words husband.


Three things I can’t wait to accomplish this year:
1. A planned trip to Italy in September/October.
2. Taking a stab at really getting my floral business up and going
3. Planning on embarking on the – what I’m sure will be a rollercoaster ride – of starting a family.

I hope that whatever dreams and plans you have for this New Year, that you’re able to capture the excitement of them and make it last throughout the year.

A happy and healthy year to you all….

4 Comments:

Blogger Maura said...

Sorry to hear about your grampa and your dog. All the best to you in your endeavors for this year!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

May 2007 bring you all that you wish for, and more!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lyrehca said...

Good luck with everything in '07!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Kassie said...

looking forward to more news from you in '07 :)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home