Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A note from my mother

I wish that a note from my mom would account for any of life’s delays and missteps. Like not updating your blog for a month... I am sure that my mom would come up with a polite way of saying “she been freaking busy!!” but rather, I’ll just let you know that it’s been a bit hectic in my little world.

We sold our house. HOORAY! It was almost unbelievable. A nice mom with two little girls will be moving in next week. From offer to close we had 4.5 weeks. The only problem is that we don’t know where we are going… ah, details details… So as I type I am nursing a sore arm, and wondering where I can put my infusion set so that it is not in the way while I hoist boxes out of my house and into the garage. We decided to get a POD and put most things in storage for now. We rented a place for 6 months while we try and find, what my afore mentioned mother calls the “home of her future grandchildren.” (no, of course, no pressure, mom.) So it’s been a surprisingly busy summer. I’ve had to back out of volunteering at camp which is a bummer but something that needed to be done.

Ryan and I bought this house right as we got engaged and worked on it for 2 years. As he said, it was a fixer upper, and it’s fixed, so we’re moving on… The oustide changes are here, we redid every inch of the whole place… I only have a few permanent scars from the work we did- mainly when we retiled the bathroom. But that's a whole 'nother post all together!















On the diabetes front, I got my first A1c after going on the pump. 6.6. I was pretty excited about that. And apparently I lost 5 lbs, although with the stress eating I’ve been doing, I am sure that is no longer the case.

So life is good yet busy. I promise to update more going forward… I am sure the insane real estate market in Eastern MA will be a topic shared often.

p.s. Fred, ya, it’s me, I owe you an email… please see excuse as detailed above

2 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

Congrats on the sale! That is remarkable. There are currently 7 townhouses for sale on my street - nothing is moving!

Have fun seeking out the next abode.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Fred (Nic) said...

You rock!!! Get to me when you have the time. Congrats on the house adn all of the other things I am sure you have done since I saw you what, 7 or 8 years ago???? Ah where does the time go? :)

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home