Monday, June 12, 2006

D'oh!


Click, breathe in, hold my breath, 1..2..3.. pop, ahhh resume normal breathing.

That’s what it sounds like when I am changing my infusion set. Click it into the inserter thing. Take a deep breath and tell myself that I just have to do it and on the count of three…. Push a little harder, squeeze both sides of the button … pop …starting to need to breath again … it’s in.

This weekend there was an extra step. After the pop was a DUH! As the infusion set popped out and fell into the sink. For a moment I looked in disbelief. I had forgotten to take off the adhesive. I guess that’s what I get when I try and rush.


The worst part is that I now am short on insulin and have to change my site again tonight. I really love the pump and I think it's easy most of the times, looks like Bonnie is trying to make sure I don't take her for granted!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri. said...

(Disclaimer: I know this makes me sound cheap and bitter about my medical insurance, but I can't lie: I am.)

Have you tried refilling the reservoir without changing the site? I keep the blue connection thing and the plunger in a plastic bag in the fridge with my insulin so I can refill reservoirs. I do it pretty often and just reprime the infusion tubing while I'm disconnected, and I don't do a fixed prime once it's ready to roll.

11:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

Oh the joys of pump changing.. I can not put a infusion set in my leg for the life of me pops right out even with adhesive tape ugh

1:27 PM  
Blogger floreksa said...

I'm with Kerri, I reuse reservoirs, have been known to refill even without putting in a new site.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home