Wednesday, December 13, 2006

mystery paper?

When I was first diagnosed, my mom was reassured that eventually for me, taking my insulin would be just like putting on my make up. Just something that I did. I was thinking about this today when I was changing my pump site. Next to the bubble bath and nail polish is a container of IV prep and infusion sets. I took off the old site, took a shower, got half dressed, put in the new site and went on my way. Of all the crazy things we were told in 1982 when I was diagnosed, that one just happened to be right.

I could not find my “Christmas time credit card” while buying some gifts online, so I had to clean out my purse. Often referred to as “the pit of despair” by my husband. Amongst potentially 200 used test strips and a check book covered with little blood spatters from the free roaming used strips, I found the crinkled ripped piece of paper below. An old grocery list? My Christmas card addresses? Nope, it’s my life saving basal rates. You know, just something thrown in with my 3 lipsticks and some empty gum containers. I thought, if anyone, you all would get a kick out of it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah!you gotta get those somewhere a little more well, permanent, for reference!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how stuff like that is just part of our lives. We all get that!

And, I also refer to my wifes purse as the pit of despair! Just like the albino in the PRincess Bride!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Ha! That's great!

Ever wonder what a non-diabetic person might think those numbers are all about...??

As I read your line about finding so many used test strips in your purse, I though "Oooh - she should do a contest!". heheheh.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home