Monday, February 27, 2006

T minus 16 H

The “pump lady” FINALLY called me Friday to let me know that I was scheduled for the class on Tuesday and that Dr. Fabulous wanted me to do my saline start the same day. I wonder if he thinks I will back out and change my mind…. So tomorrow I get hooked up with Bonnie. (yes, I named my pump after Bonnie “Blue” Butler from Gone with the Wind- my favorite movie.)

Do you see the resemblance?




















I know it will be better to just get it over with and get on this thing. Millions of PWD can’t be wrong, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri. said...

It took me 17 years to finally make the leap from MDI to insulin pumping. It was the scariest decision I've made, diabetes-wise.

And it's been the best one.

Good luck with Bonnie!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Hey, Bonnie has Blue in her name and the pump is blue. They definitely have something in common.

The unknown is the nerve wracking part. Once you hook it up to you and start exploring the commands and prompts on the pump, the mystery will be unveiled and you'll breath a huge sigh of relief.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Lyrehca said...

What Shannon said. It'll eventually be great. And hey, you can always go back to shots if you want to....

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home