Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Anticipation

It’s really that anticipation that get’s ya. The ups guy came in and dropped off my 1ft x 1ft square brown box, along with a desk one of my colleagues ordered. (I didn’t really care for the desk) And just like that the pump was here. I waited till I got home to open it (admittedly after a glass of wine) just incase it was a bit overwhelming.

I looked at the packages and boxes. I was intrigued that the packing peanuts are the kind you can wet and they disappear. My husband was intrigued that the minimed offices are right down the road from his corporate headquarters. You know, incase he needs to send someone to “get things done” in person… not sure what exactly he thinks will happen. But it was cute to see him get involved. After all of the boxes were opened and on the coffee table, all I could think about was that I didn’t get any of the IV prep that they said should be in the package. No panicky outbreaks, no tears or nerves. Yup, that was a blue minimed 715 insulin pump. Just like the one I ordered. After we inspected the contents of the box we found a corner of our living room and put the pump away.

I was amazed at how easy it was, how less scary the whole thing was, once my pump was here. Of course, those infusion sets are still nicely packaged and no where near by body- so like everything in life, my attitude may change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home